Published: 22 March 2021
Elections 6 May 2021
Electors will go to the polls on 6 May 2021 to elect new Councillors to the County Council, elect the Combined Authority Mayor and to elect the Police and Crime Commissioner.
Elections will be run under strict covid-19 guidance, which includes the current government messages.
· PLEASE MAINTAIN SOCIAL DISTANCING
· ONE WAY SYSTEM IN OPERATION
· PLEASE SANITISE HANDS ON ENTERING AND EXITING THE POLLING STATION
· FACE MASKS MUST BE WORN AT ALL TIMES IN THE POLLING STATION
· YOU MAY USE YOUR OWN PEN OR PENCIL IF PREFERRED
· IF YOU HAVE CORONVIRUS SYMPTOMS PLEASE DO NOT ENTER THE POLLING STATION
Following our polling station risk assessments, we will also have a range of other measures in place, such as the number of people permitted in the polling station at any one time. Please be aware that you may have to queue to go into the polling station. Staff will indicate when it is OK to enter.
The polling station staff will be behind individual screens and will be wearing a face mask. If you have difficulty hearing or you are a lip reader, please indicate this to the staff on arrival.
You will be given three ballot papers, one for each of the elections taking place, and you just need to follow the instructions at the top of each ballot paper.
Once you have cast your vote, please leave the polling station promptly using the exit route indicated, to allow other electors access.